6 yrs, 11 mths ago

House Rules 2017

Just testing the waters to see if any of you are watching this series. I wasn’t going to watch it so missed the first lot having their house done but hubby and I tuned in on the second week and are now watching and cringing and booing.

So far, we haven’t been happy with any of the two houses that we have seen that have been finished. The colour for those twin brothers in their rooms……yucko. Had to laugh when the judge walked in and yelled out yuck. Classic.

18 comments 5 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 5 mths ago

I’ve read all of your messages in this topic and it has been really useful for me, thank you!

• 6 yrs, 10 mths ago

Tonight’s episode is going to be uh oh – Troy seems to stick it into one of the judges. I forget his name. I don’t think Troy & Bec really know how to decorate so am interested to see what he does with the rooms tonight. Plus they have the bonus room which is a gym.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Tonights episode……awkward. I thought the bonus room was fine and Ella thought that Fiona and Nicole had done the room hence the fail on it.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Bit behind in watching this show so caught up last night with it all.

Seriously, Fiona and Nicole?

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Troy and Bec on Sunday night. It looks like they walk off when one of the judges perhaps scores them badly. I have to though, if I was on that show, I wouldn’t either Fiona and Nicole or Troy and Bec anywhere near my rooms. Their style is not very good at all.

I wonder what Ella will say to the plastic plant in the tile above her bath?

Yes, Sunday night is going to be fun.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I know for a fact that after the shows are done and dusted, the owners spend a bit more to correct the house. One of the past contestants, they repainted, pulled out a wall, did a few things and then sold the house. They also fixed up the landscaping which they didn’t like.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

jatz, I find the tight deadlines on the renovation shows to be frustrating. Contestants are often judged unfairly by the judges, when negative results on the renovations are sometimes because of the tight deadlines, problems with tradesmen etc. In the middle of the renovations, contestants have to go off the site to do stupid challenges to gain extra points/cash, when they really need to be renovating (I’m mainly referring to The Block).

I assume that the tight deadlines are for the purpose of creating drama and conflict for the viewers, otherwise people will complain that the shows are boring. However, there is probably some aftermath after the shows are finished i.e. things that need fixing up.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I just watched the last episode of when Fiona & Nicole go through their house and make comments. You have 12 days left that you can actually see it on yahoo7 catch up.

Golly gosh……..they are complete bitches. Scored them badly and no wonder they haven’t made friends with the others.

Just watching one episode of them – all I can say is – I hope they get kicked off first. Shame we can’t vote.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I haven’t seen this series of House Rules yet as I’ve been watching other shows. I always love and adore home renovation and design shows, but House Rules is possibly my least favourite of them. I will probably catch up on the show at some stage.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

My hubby watches the show Petal but all these shows get him angry as he was in the building game and as he says, all these shows plus The Block and others cannot do all this work in one week. A lot of the cupboards are just chip board in the cabinets.

I remember when he used to come home from work and say at work today, all the building guys were bagging the shows big time.

I mean look at when we had our kitchen renovated, we had issues with a lot of things not being done properly. The Caesar stone top takes 2 weeks to make and fit.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Some of the designs – I thought huh?? This is really strange like the living room where they wanted an open plan and the girls refused and put a tv on the wall and there was so much on the sofa

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Totally agree Ellyloves – that sofa was chockablock with pillows and junk.

When it comes time to the owners allowed to fix one room up that they don`t like, I would assume that wall will be coming down for sure.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

How do you find Fiona & Nicole?

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

They drive me insane. The show didn`t have to try very hard to portray them as the villains because they`ve done a really good job of that themselves. If I was writing their school report it would have a bit of the `Doesn`t work well with others` and `Does not listen to or follow instructions`.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

What are your thoughts on this duo?

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

My husband and I can`t stand them grrrrrrrrrrrrr if we hear the cool kids one more time, we both will scream.

They have bought it on themselves with the way they are behaving. That feature piece they made for the lounge…..hideous but it was the best one they could choose as a winner. It`s not practical to have something like that in the lounge either. That glass top would scare me to death with kids around.

That tyre with the plants……I have no words.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

`We`re not here to make friends`

`The cool kids are excluding us` Really?! But you`re not here to make friends…

I can`t stand these women either. Their behavior is appalling. Hopefully they`re the first to go.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.