How to: dress down your up-do
Whitney Port has had her fair share of time on the telly and I can only imagine how difficult it might be to live your everyday life in front of the cameras, wanting to look glamorous (without being unnaturally over the top) when you’re just popping down to the shops.
Port realises the importance of being able to dress-down a tres sophisticated ‘do to make it wearable on a daily basis. As if she’d just taken a leaf out of Kate Beckinsale’s very similar look in Cannes – she manages to pull off a chic tousled bun, with a shot of bed-head brilliance. This particular look screams ‘hot, but in a nonchalant kind-of-a-way’, which I. just. love.
Want the how to? Of course you do.
- Spritz something through your towel-dried locks that’ll add a bit of grit. ghd texture lotion is just what you need to make your locks look interesting as well as hold more effectively.
- Once dry, it’s all about working your natural layers. Don’t have any? Make some! Use a curling tong to add waves to some of your top pieces of hair so that they sit higher then the rest. Repeat this randomly throughout.
- Once your tresses are looking kind of wild and a little shaggy, tie them back into a ponytail just above the nape of your neck.
- Next, backcomb some of your ponytail pieces and wrap the un-backcombed pieces around the elastic and bobby pin into place to create a skewiff messy bun.
- Take to your front pieces with a curling tong, wrap around once, not too tightly and pull away quickly to create a slight wave that frames the face and voila – a perfectly dressed down up-do.
What do you think of this look?