3 easy-to-achieve summer party hairstyles
With the end-of-year celebrations coming in thick and fast, it can be hard to find the inspiration to properly change-up your look for every single soiree in the calendar. I know, it’s enough to make your head spin, right?
So as we all know that summer is a special time of year for celebrations, we thought we might come up with a few party-appropriate hairstyles that will definitely help to ensure belle-of-the-ball status…
LOOK ONE: The Ballerina a la Reese Witherspoon
- Begin by prepping your hair with a styling product like Royal Moroccan Moisturising Style Cream. A 20-cent piece-sized amount will help to create the texture necessary for styling.
- Brush your hair and gather it up into a smooth ponytail at the crown of your head and fasten with a hair elastic. For an extra smooth finish apply a sculpting gel to keep the hair at the crown of your head sleek. We like Royal Moroccan Sculpting Gel.
- To finish, place a ‘donut’ around the base of your ponytail and shape your hair over it and tuck the ends underneath. Repeat this step until all hair has been moulded to the donut and the ends tucked under. Secure with bobby pins as you go.
Want to see a how-to video for the ballerina bun? Check out our tutorial here…
LOOK TWO: The Fishtail braid a la Kendall Jenner
- Prep your hair with a nourishing serum and brush it through so your locks are left feeling silky. Try: Royal Moroccan Serum Treatment.
- Secure your hair into a low ponytail and then divide it into two equal pieces.
- Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside of the first section over itself, and add it to the second section.
- Repeat this step on the other side, by pulling a thin strand of hair out from the outside of the second section, and add it to the first section.
- Continue this process back and forth until the braid is at your desired length, and secure the ends with a hair elastic.
- To achieve a more boho look, lightly loosen the braid by gently pulling at the hair until it looks as dishevelled as you desire.
Want to see a how-to video for the fishtail braid? Check out our tutorial here…
LOOK THREE: boho curls a la Rachel Bilson
- Start by prepping your damp hair with a curl-enhancing cream that will help you to achieve natural waves to work with. Apply it to your hair, focusing on the mid lengths and ends. We like Royal Moroccan Moisturising Curl Cream.
- Use a diffuser to blow dry and amplify your hair, which will also work to highlight any natural waves you might have.
- Using a styler or curling wand, wrap medium to large pieces of hair from the mid lengths around the iron and hold for 10 seconds. Be haphazard with your sections, as different sized pieces will create a more messy, boho effect.
- Finish by running your fingers through you hair to loosen and separate the curls, then spritz with a firm hold hairspray.
Want to see a how-to video for boho curls? Check out our tutorial here…
Which look do you like best for a summer party?
|Does your hair colour suit your face shape?
||Celeb beauty blunders: can you spot Lea's?||The beauty icon you'll want to watch...||Move over, balayage! Here's a new trend to try|