How-to: get cute and kooky like Katy
Look out Gaga, there’s a new queen of kooky on the loose, and while she may not wear dresses made out of meat or ride down the red carpet in an egg, she does pull off kooky that bit cuter than you do.
Take this circus look for example – she makes the entire bh team want to trade in their keyboards and become ringmasters, purely for the shoulder pads and feathered hat in her ensemble.
But what we’re really loving is her makeup. Always perfect, always interesting, and always dolly-chic without looking plastic, we have to give Katy serious snaps for keeping us entertained and inspired in the beauty stakes. Like her style? Get the look here…
- Begin by creating a velvety base. We love: Mirenesse Velvet Maxi Lift Foundation for its 18-hour coverage.
- Sweep a punchy pink blush across the apples of your cheeks and up to your temples for a sweet girly flush. Try: Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in Pink Slink.
- Next, use a bronze shadow and a fine brush to line your entire eye. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Bronze, and Eye Definer Brush are perfect for this.
- Apply some over-the-top eyelashes to widen your flutter – the bigger, the better in this instance! We love: Revlon Fantasy Lengths Self Adhesive Lashes for their ‘wow’ factor!
- Finally, slick your lips with a strong pink hue – preferably something with a hint of shimmer through it – to really accentuate your lips. A swipe of Ulta3 Matte Lipstick in Voodoo (pink with gold shimmer) should do the trick!
What’s your favourite Katy Perry look?