Get the look: summer party styles
As we creep closer towards the sunny season, poker straight locks and a full face of makeup tend to seem less and less practical. Come summertime, it’s far easier to rock some sultry beach waves or a quick and easy bun, and a barely-there complexion with a pop of gloss, or some emphasis on the eyes.
So in honour of the rising temperatures, we thought we’d deliver you four summer party looks that will have you feeling perfectly in place either in the surf, on the sand or sipping cocktails at the bar…
Bronzed and earthy with Olivia Palermo
We’re loving Liv’s use of earthy hues that work to accentuate her features without looking too overdone. This look is perfect to recreate for a night spent sipping on pina coladas.
Get the look:
- - Begin by applying a sheer matte base that won’t encourage a midnight oil slick. We like: BareMinerals Matte Foundation.
- - Get sunkissed with a swipe of bronzer where the sun would normally hit – that’s cheekbones, bridge of nose, jawline and forehead. Try: Adorn Loose Bronzer.
- - Starting from the inner corner of your eye and working outwards, define your upper lash line with a long-wear gel eyeliner. We like: Clinique Eye Defining Liquid Liner.
- - Pop some falsies on your lashes, and slick them with mascara, making your peepers the perfect focal point. We use: Revlon Fantasy Lengths Self Adhesive Lashes.
- - Finish with a light dusting of peachy-pink blush to the cheeks, and a pop of gloss to the lips. We like: Bloom Pure Mineral Radiant Touch Blush in Peach.
Do you believe in the eye or lip philosophy? Or do you think Olivia needs a little lippy?