Get the look: Jaime King's chic, sharp style
When I picture a perfect evening look, there are a very specific set of criteria I need (and expect) from my hair and make-up.
The first: long-lasting make-up that will stay in place all night and not let me down by flaking or fading away.
The second: luminosity where I want it the most. The kind that won’t make me look oily as the night goes on.
The third: a sophisticated-yet simple hairstyle that will provide a chic edge to my look.
So when I clapped eyes on this sexy, suave hair and make-up look courtesy of Jaime King – I got a little (read: very) excited.
We all know how hot, hot, hot the low ponytail is, but when it’s teamed with this glowy skin and dark brows combo, it scores even higher marks - especially for a night when you’re really setting out to impress. You know, those nights when you want to ditch the girly curls and the bright pink blush and rock a hair and make-up look that’s far more chic and edgy,
No doubt you’ve got the low ponytail down pat, so here’s our guide to achieving Jaime’s gleamy, dreamy make-up look…
- - Begin with a luminous foundation that’s both nourishing and long-wearing. We love Mary Kay Day Radiance® Cream Foundation because it’s hydrating, gives a radiant glow and lasts for hours.
- - Next, apply an illuminator to your cheekbones and the apples of your cheeks, followed by a touch of pink blush just to your apples. We recommend Lancôme Blush Subtil Rose because it’s a two-in-one (illuminator and blush) dreamboat.
- - To ensure your brows stand out from the crowd, use a dark brow powder to fill in any sparse areas. We love Natio Brow Kit as it contains two brow powders, as well as a brow wax to help you set your brows in place.
- - To make your eyes pop, use a grey liner in place of your regular black hue. Apply the grey eyeliner to your top lash line and your bottom water line. Switching shades will ensure a more sophisticated result and produce an interesting effect when teamed with jet-black mascara.
- - To finish up, add a dusty pink lip balm to your lips. We love Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish for its slightly glossy, totally balmy finish.
What do you think of this sleek, chic look? Do you prefer it to a girly glam look?
|Does your hair colour suit your face shape?
||Celeb beauty blunders: can you spot Lea's?||The beauty icon you'll want to watch...||Move over, balayage! Here's a new trend to try|