Emma Stone: when good girl goes goth
We’ve told you all about why darker, berry hues are in, in, in – but nothing really brings it home like a usually-pretty-in-pink celebrity rocking a totally vampy, slightly gothic make-up look.
Enter our prime celebrity example of the trend - Emma Stone (and cue jaw-drop). Seen just the other day at the French premiere of The Amazing Spiderman, we couldn’t help but ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’ over Emma’s foray into a fiercer form of make-up. Gone are the pretty pink lips and soft coral cheeks that we’re used to seeing – and in are the blood-red lips, the porcelain complexion and the subtly glam eyes. Quite frankly, we’re welcoming the change.
Want to know how you can channel some of Emma’s vampy sass? It’s easy; just follow our simple steps below…
- - Start with a skin-perfecting foundation that will make your skin seem as flawless as a porcelain doll’s. We like Dr. LeWinn’s Skin Perfect Foundation for its matte, slightly powdery finish.
- - Contour just underneath your cheekbones with a matte bronzer that won’t leave your face too shimmery. A few sweeps should do the trick. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer will work like a dream.
- - Contrast your matte bronzer by adding a little shimmer to your eyes. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Champagne will impart an eye-catching sheen without looking too OTT. Take it all the way up to your brow bone to accentuate your peepers.
- - Define the outer corners of your eyes with a deep green or charcoal eye liner, then finish with a few sweeps of jet-black mascara.
- - To mimic Emma’s perfect ‘just bitten’ lips, simply watch our video on how to achieve amazing dark lips below…
What do you think of Emma Stone's foray into darker-style make-up?
Get all the latest trends, photos and news from bh: follow us on...