It’s St Patrick’s Day this Saturday, which means we’ll be seeing a lot of green paraphernalia on our way to work. And since we’re down for celebrating, but not so big on covering ourselves green or donning a leprechaun suit, we’ve decided to show our support with this Irish-inspired nail art instead. It’s fun, it’s cute, and your nails will be #onpoint.
Festive nail art fanatics, you’re in luck!
RELATED: What are SNS nails?
What you’ll need:
1 x white nail polish
2 x green nail polish (light and dark)
1 x top coat
1 cup room temperature water
We love: L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Vernis in Wasabi Hint, Sinful Colors in Kryptonite Revlon ColorStay™ Gel Envy™ Longwear Nail Enamel in High Stakes, Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat, The Nail Lab in Gidget
1. Paint your accent nail (the one that will have the pattern) with a white base coat.
2. Place sticky tape on the skin around the edges of the accent nail, leaving the nail exposed. This will make it easier to tidy up the design.
3. Place a single drop of the dark green nail polish in the water. It should spread out. Then place a single drop of the light green polish inside the circle. Repeat this process until the nail polish stops spreading.
4. Using a toothpick, draw a line from the outer circle towards the centre of the circles. Create four lines that meet at a middle point.
5. Place your white nail in the centre of the water, making sure the majority of the clover shape goes onto the nail.
6. Detatch any additional nail polish floating in the water around the nail with the toothpick.
7. Remove the tape from your finger and finish the design with a clear top coat.
bh tip: We chose to do one nail with the design on each hand and paint the rest of the nails with the dark green colour, but feel free to be as creative as you want with the rest of your nails!
How will you be wearing green on St Patrick’s Day?