10 Of The Best Products To Repair Dry, Cracked Feet

by
10 Of The Best Products To Repair Dry, Cracked Feet

When it comes to prioritising our beauty regimen, foot care usually ranks toward the bottom. Unless of course, you’re Cindy Crawford who recently revealed to Byrdie that her bedtime routine includes applying a heel balm to dry feet and jumping into bed with a good book.

So while most of us have been mastering serum layering or learning our anti-ageing ingredients from A-Z, we’ve probably missed the build-up of dead, dry calluses moving in around our heels.

So before the warmer weather arrives and sandals and thongs become unavoidable, you might want to check out these dead skin-shedding, ultra-hydrating foot balms, scrubs and peels.

FOOT BALMS, CREAMS AND SCRUBS

Nutri-Synergy NS 8 Heel Balm Complex

To nourish and restore rough, cracked or thickened skin on both the heels and feet, Nutri-Synergy’s non-slip formulation provides quick relief. Jam-packed with ingredients you’d regularly see in your face serums, it’s about time our feet received the same TLC. From AHAs, zinc, vitamin C, and aloe vera – a little goes a long way with this concentrated formula.

“It’s the only thing that has ever worked to make my feet as soft as a baby’s. I use it only a few times a month to maintain my very dry skin and have even used it sparingly on my face as an exfoliant.” – Moonchild

$19.99 at Chemist Warehouse

Dermal Therapy Heel Balm Platinum

For results in as little as 24 hours (on cracked skin that feels like it’s been around for a lifetime), Dermal Therapy’s rich balm effectively heals, regenerates and soothes rough heels.

“I have a bit of dryness from wearing heels, thongs and a few nasty blisters in the same spot. My man had extremely dry heels with big cracks in them. This heel balm worked for both of us and left us with lovely smooth feet.” – Bee1

$13.99 at Chemist Warehouse

Nu Skin® Epoch® Sole Solution® Intense Foot Therapy

Nu Skin’s foot treatment restores smooth, healthy-looking feet by addressing the underlying causes of dry, cracked skin. Formulated with papain to break down and loosen dead skin, urea to exfoliate and moisturise, and crushed allspice berry to relieve and soothe, this intense therapy rejuvenates feet within the first few weeks of use.

$37 at Nu Skin

FOOT FILES AND STONES

Manicare Pedicure File – Stainless Steel

Manicare’s Pedicure File is designed to remove corns and calluses. Suitable for use on both wet or dry feet, the stainless steel tool has a coarse and fine side depending on the skin type you’re tackling.

“This is by far my favourite pedicure file. I have hard skin on my heels and have used different kinds of files before but none did such an excellent job as this one.” – Janinka

$7.39 at Chemist Warehouse

The Body Shop File A Foot

Crafted with two textured sides to choose from, buff away rough, hard skin with one and gently exfoliate with the other. The Body Shop’s best-selling foot file keeps feet velvety and soft.

“This foot file from The Body Shop has lasted me for quite a few months and still looks like new. It was extremely great value for money and I like that my purchase supported Community Fair Trade. It’s really easy to use, lightweight and a good shape to navigate around the foot.” – sam.allenstephens

$9 at The Body Shop

Neat Feat Pumice Stone

The perfect addition to your Sunday self-care routine, this heavy-duty yet gentle-on-the-skin pumice stone is lovingly made using NZ’s cherished iron sand reserves. Gently rub dry, cracked areas of the skin to soften, lift, and remove built-up skin deposits.

$3.99 at Chemist Warehouse

Nutrimetics Cultivate Spa Foot Scrub

Revitalise tired feet with the Nutrimetics pumice and bamboo powder. Formulated to effectively exfoliate and smooth dry skin.

“I have recently started using this foot scrub/exfoliator along with the accompanying foot cream as a DIY foot bath, after finding them in my beauty drawer! This is “No1” in a two part system along with the cream.” – Poshbec

$30 at Nutrimetics

FOOT PEELS AND MASKS

Milky Foot

Milky Foot is a luxurious at-home treatment that will leave you with the confidence to have your feet out on display. The creamy, concentrated formula removes hardened skin, softens cracks and calluses, all while injecting moisture into dry skin. Enjoy milky soft feet in as little as one to two weeks.

“This is probably my favourite product of all time, seriously smooth feet. Soak your feet in the sleeves and three days later an entire layer of skin will peel off.” – Tozza6

$26.99 at Chemist Warehouse

Skin Republic Foot Peel

Skin Republic’s Foot Peel is a treatment mask formulated to remove dead skin cells and calluses in a week. It contains 15 different plant extracts, including ginko biloba, green tea and lavender, plus vitamin E to soothe and maintain healthy feet.

“The skin on my feet can get quite dry throughout winter, my sister tried this and it worked out for her so I figured I should give it a go. Once all the skin had peeled off it revealed beautiful soft skin.” – em_k

$10.99 atChemist Warehouse

Aveeno Foot Mask

Ideal for those looking for a quick moisture hit, Aveeno’s prebiotic oat and shea butter formula has incredible soothing and nourishing properties. Feet will be left visibly soft, smooth and healthy.

$5.39 at Chemist Warehouse

Is the skin under your feet really dry and hard? What do you do to try and soften your skin?

//www.youtube.com/embed/gNfUAMJGHt0?wmode=opaque&rel=0&theme=light&color=white