The health and beauty benefits of moringa
But there’s one superfood that we feel isn’t quite getting the limelight it truly deserves: the humble moringa plant (technically called moringa oleifera)
So why all the fuss over it? Let’s look at the facts:
• It’s got four times the vitamin A of carrots.
• It’s got three times the potassium of a banana.
• It’s got four times the calcium of milk.
• It’s got four times the vitamin C of oranges.
• It’s got two times the protein of yoghurt and milk.
• It’s got four times the chlorophyll or wheatgrass.
• It’s got more calcium, zinc, fibre, niacin, riboflavin and vitamin C than spirulina.
• It’s got more fibre, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and magnesium than spinach.
• It’s got more calcium, iron and vitamin A than kale.
• It’s also packed with enough vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and nutrients to leave you out of breath if you had to read them all out loud.
It’s all well and good that it’s got great nutritional value, but what can it actually do for you?
Well, moringa can help lower your blood pressure, increase your energy levels, reduce stress, improve your mood, and even help you lose weight by suppressing your appetite.
It sounds pretty damn good, right? So how do you include moringa in your diet?
The best way is to ingest it by drinking tea. Dried moringa leaves brewed into a steaming afternoon cuppa can help you achieve all of the above while ensuring that your body is rid of toxins and is as healthy as it can be.
Tip: shake things up a bit by adding some fresh mint and lemon juice into the mix.
Try: detox-in-a-box 100% Organic Moringa Plain Loose Leaf Tea, $19.95, http://www.detox-in-a-box.com.au
Oh, and just incase you thought we’d covered all of the benefits of moringa, there’s more.
Moringa, in the form of an oil, is an incredible ingredient in helping to maintain the health of your hair and scalp, as well as a powerful anti-ageing ingredient that can help smooth lines and wrinkles. Plus it’s really nourishing, so you can be sure your hair and skin will be nothing but soft and supple.
The Body Shop Moringa Beautyfying Oil
Shu Uemura Anti-Oxi Cleansing Oil
Natio Renew Smoothing Serum
Botani PhytoBody Wash