Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
4 Beauty Steps That'll Make You Feel Instantly Better During Lockdown
If you're feeling flat, or worse, like a pile of crap, please know that you are not alone.
Whether it's COVID 19 fatigue that's getting you down or something else entirely, we're here to help you turn your down day around. After all, beauty is so much more than the superficial.
The reason so many of us love beauty in the first place is the way it makes us feel. Ever cleaned your makeup brushes hungover on a Sunday? We'd say that's exactly what winning an Olympic gold must feel like.
So if you're looking to feel a sense of achievement, or hell, just to feel yourself again, these are the beauty steps that'll instantly supply a sense of euphoria.
Step #1: Soak, scrub and slather
Having a bath is one thing, sure. But having a bath filled with a soothing soak where you scrub every inch of your body before stepping out into a slather of body cream? That's how you really do it.
The soak will give you an initial hit of relaxation, before a scrub of each limb reinvigorates your skin, gets your bloodflow going and prepares it for an onslaught of hydration.
Our advice? Step out, do a lazy towel off and then layer on your lotion while the skin is still slightly damp. It'll absorb quicker (trust us) so you can put your pyjamas on faster. Oh, and include your lips in the action! Give them a scrub too before layering on a luscious balm. Heaven.
- Magnesium Power Magnesium Chloride Bath Flakes ($14.95 at magnesiumpower.com.au)
- Dr Teal’s Body Scrub – Exfoliate & Renew With Lavender ($17.99 at drteals.com.au)
- Ella Baché Water Source Moisturising Body Cream ($99 at Adore Beauty)
- LipMD® 3-in-1 Invigorating Lip Scrub ($24 at lipmd.com.au)
- Burt's Bees Natural Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear ($6.95 at Chemist Warehouse)
Step #2: Give your hair a refresh
You don't have to hit the salon to give your hair some much-needed love. An at-home gloss treatment, semi-permanent colour rinse or deeply hydrating mask will help to restore some shine and have you hair flippin' all over the place.
Never underestimate the power of a proper brush, either. If you've been rocking that top knot for a while, give it a wash and brush your lengths out lovingly. Therapeutic? Yes. Good for your hair? You betcha.
- ELEVEN Australia Miracle Hair Treatment ($24.95 at Adore Beauty)
- Kérastase Paris Reflection Touche Chromatique Cool Brown ($78 at Oz Hair & Beauty)
- Restoria Discreet Colour Restoring Shampoo ($18.49 at Chemist Warehouse)
- Rock & Ruddle Boar Bristle Acorns & Butterflies Brush ($44.95 at Hard To Find)
Step #3 Shave your legs and wash your sheets
Seriously, this combination is better than sex. We couldn't care less if our legs are hairy underneath our lounge wear. But that feeling of silky smooth skin against freshly washed sheets as we head to snooze town? Doesn't. Get. Better.
Of course, any kind of hair removal will have the same effect. Just take your pick.
- TriShave 3in1 Shave Crème For Women ($7.39 at Priceline)
- Schick Hydro Silk ($10.39 at Chemist Warehouse)
- Marzena Sensitive Hair Removal Cream ($9.99 at Priceline)
- Waxaway Wax Strips ($7.49 at Priceline)
Step #4 Try a new scent
The impact fragrance can have on our mood is incredible. From anxiety-relieving scents to notes that energise and reinvigorate, you'd be surprised to read what some studies have found in regards to the link between our noses and brains. So light that candle, spritz that bottle you've been saving and mist away every day. You just might find your mood lifts with the right mix...
- Aéropostale Golden Hour Body Mist ($14.99 at Priceline)
- CIRCA Amber & Sandalwood Fragrance Diffuser ($46.95 at Adore Beauty)
- Buckley & Phillips Happiness Artisan Candle ($39.95 at buckleyandphillips.com.au)
- L'OCCITANE Winter Forest Home Perfume ($29 at loccitane.com)
- Minenssey Mine Natural Perfume Oil ($55 at Adore Beauty)
Main image credit: @gisele
What do you do when you're having a down day? Are there any euphoric beauty steps we've missed?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.