Worth every cent: 5 luxe skin care products
I don’t know about you, but the more I pay for a beauty product, the more outstanding its results need to be. I mean, if my $4 nail polish chips on the first day I’m not too fussed. In fact, I almost expect it. But, if my $20 lacquer doesn’t last 48 hours, I’m mad. Very mad.
Luckily, when it comes to these pricey skin care treats, they’re worth their weight in gold. Yep, they live up to their reputation as do-gooders, leaving their owners feeling oh-so-pleased with their rather expensive purchase.
So, if you’ve got the cash to splash and the skin concerns to match, these luxe gems are definitely worth the spend.
1. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules Intensive for Face and Throat: These capsules are absolute gold. Not pure gold exactly, but they are gold in colour and equally as luxurious. Each capsule offers one single dose of ceramide-powered technology, which is potent enough to strengthen the skin’s barrier and support natural collagen production, making way for firmer, smoother, more even-toned skin.
2. La Prairie Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF 15: The eye area is often forgotten when it comes to sunscreen protection. However, being an area prone to fine lines and premature ageing, this breakthrough SPF 15 eye treatment is an absolute must. Targeting puffiness, dark circles, collagen production and nasty UV rays and environmental pollutants, it’ll keep the windows to your soul looking mighty young and fresh.
3. Eminence Yellow Sweet Clover Anti-Redness Masque: If you’re a lover of all things organic – or you simply have sensitive, easily irritated skin – this ultra-hydrating mask belongs in your bathroom. With sweet clover and stone crop to soothe and reduce any redness or irritations, it also contains jojoba oil and calendula for a huge moisture boost.
4. La Mer The Hand Treatment: As your hands are more susceptible to the weather elements than, say, your tummy, they need extra attention. This super luxe skin care product is brilliant at targeting environmental damage, helping to soothe the skin’s surface and prevent further damage. The ultra-smart addition of seaweed means hands hold on to moisture, eliminating dehydration and dry, flaky skin.
5. Cellex-C Skin Firming Cream Plus: As you age, it’s important to top up your levels of vitamin C both topically and internally as it’s a brilliant antioxidant that’s oh-so-powerful when it comes to maintaining skin elasticity and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The good news is this: each jar of this luxe skin care product contains a high concentration of vitamin C goodness, which means you’ll be fighting free radicals and premature ageing from the get-go.
What’s the most expensive beauty product you’ve ever bought?