The month of May will soon be scooting off on an exotic holiday until 2013 rolls around, but that doesn’t mean we’ve introduced you to all the new products to the hit the beauty counters in the last few weeks. Oh no… there are still a handful of hair products we’re dying for you to meet; ones that’ll no doubt turn your strands into happy little chappies and leave you with divine celebrity-esque hair.

So, go on, say hello to these newbies…

HAIR CARE NEWBIE #1: BC Bonacure Color Freeze Spray Conditioner ($25.95 | 1800 251 887)
WHY IT’S GOOD: This product is a part of a rather large but totally awesome range of colour-saving shampoos, conditioners and hair treatments, but I adore the ease-of-use this product provides. Simply spray onto damp strands and it’ll immediately start nourishing, protecting and rebuilding your damaged locks, while locking in colour pigment at the same time. Oh, and expect Jessica Alba-esque shiny hair post blow-dry, too.

HAIR CARE NEWBIE #2: Head & Shoulders Active Sport Shampoo
WHY IT’S GOOD: I’m a wee bit of a fan of Eamon Sullivan, so it’s hard for me to ignore a product he’s plugging. Launched to coincide with the 2012 London Olympics, this anti-dandruff shampoo is wonderfully mild – making it perfect for everyday use – and seriously nourishing. Yep, use this and you can say goodbye to a dry, itchy winter scalp.

HAIR CARE NEWBIE #3: MATRIX BIOLAGE colorcaretherapie shampoo and conditioner
WHY THEY’RE GOOD: Fading hair colour is one of my biggest pet peeves, so anything that preserves the rich, brilliant brunette hue I’m constantly aiming for is welcomed by me, and these gems do just that. As an added bonus, this cleansing and moisturising duo protect from harmful UV rays while giving your strands a brilliant boost in the shine department, too.

HAIR CARE NEWBIE #4: Scunci Bun Maker ($9.95 | 02 9698 7733)
WHY IT’S GOOD: A top knot is my go-to hair ‘do when I can’t be bothered to wash my strands, but my fine hair often lacks that extra volume I need to replicate Lara Bingle's 'do. The great news is, this product solves that. Simply place it at the base of your ponytail and wrap your locks around it for an instantly full bun. It’s incredible, and fools everyone in thinking you’re the owner of thick, luscious hair. Win!

HAIR CARE NEWBIE #5: Cedel Dry Conditioner
WHY IT’S GOOD: As someone who can’t survive a single day without dry shampoo, I was intrigued by the concept of dry conditioner. The perfect companion for those with dry, lifeless and dull hair, a quick application of this no-rinse foam through your ends will give an instant hydration boost. Even frizz doesn’t stand a chance when you’re using this no-fuss, leave-in product. You’ve got to love that!

Cherie Herrmann

facebook

Have you tried any of these new hair products? Are you to keen to try one, two or all of them out?