Volume-powder_thumb

Reviews for Instant Volume Powder by Schwarzkopf Extra Care Styling

Rate/Review a product Review this product

• Overall Rating: StarStarStarStarStar-disabled (31 reviews)

Neel8888

Beautiful-eyes-92918

Rating: StarStarStarStarStar-disabled

works well but not perfectly

I recently bought this product because my hair is straight and very thick and weighs itself down so that it looks flat. I tried almost everything to give it a bit of volume and this is the closest I have come to getting that.

It works instantly to give me that volume but it does feel sticky and doesn't hold the volume for more than an hour so I have to keep fluffing my hair up throughout the day and it ends up looking dirty. But that might just be because my hair is so heavy. Might work better on ladies with thinner hair.

Overall I like this product despite the stickiness and might repurchase if I don't find anything better.

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Neel8888.

lasso

1463688_10151740510520108_640523161_n

Brilliant!

I don't have a lot of experience with hair products, but the Schwarzkopf team at the BH Degustation Event showed me how to use this, and I'm so grateful they did! Having a professional show me how to get the most out of this product has really helped me appreciate it more, and I've been very impressed with the results! I love using this on my fringe in particular to add volume, and it does a fantastic job, without leaving behind any powder residue.

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by lasso.

Sahtorial

Sarah_about_page

Instant Long-Lasting Volume

I’ve tried similar volume powders from other brands, but it wasn’t until Beauty Heaven’s Beauty Degustation Event that I learned how to use this innovative gem. Some people sing high praises about this volume in a bottle whilst others just seem to despise the product. I believe that is due to how susceptible Schwarzkopf’s Instant Volume Powder is to user error. The volume-boosting product is a slightly gummy translucent powder that gives the hair texture whilst being completely matte and undetectable to the eye. It allows my smooth straight hair to have the grit of second day hair minus the oil build-up at the roots. I prefer to flip my hair in sections to the other side of my head and tip a small amount of powder about an inch away from the root. Gently ruffle the hair to disperse the powder evenly. Instantly the product provides grit to the hair that ensures long lasting volume. However the packaging is my main gripe. The sifter isn’t fine enough to gently distribute the powder, and because the powder is so lightweight I find it difficult to gauge whether I’m tipping out too much or too little. Cons aside, I really enjoy the volume and bounce my hair has after I’ve used this styling powder. What is even better is that the product takes about three washes to completely get out of your hair, meaning for someone who washes their hair everyday I can get still get a generous amount of volume for the next two days. Schwarzkopf have really changed my hair styling game with this product and I would definitely consider repurchasing this in the future.

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Sahtorial.

Pink Hornet

Just_red_lips_2008__2_

Bad Hair Day Saviour

I had this product suggested to me by the wonderful Schwarzkopf Team at the recent Beauty Heaven Degustation event.
It is my favourite product of the generous goody bag we received but I was pleased to discover it was very reasonably priced.
The package is fairly standard for both Scwarzkopf and this style of product. A grey and green tube containing talcum powder type substance.
It was love at first use for me with this product. It is like dry shampoo but better. I find it more concentrated and easier to apply and direct.
I use it most days to create more 'oomph' at the roots of my long fine hair. I just put a 20 sent piece in my hand, rub it through my fingertips and then run them through my hair at the roots on the crown of my head.
If my hair is having a total 'sad' I tap a liitle into the roots at the crown and brush through. This might be enough or if I still put it up into a pony tail or braid, it seems to add 'guts' to my updo and I get a better result.
I will not be without this again. Thankyou Schwarzkopf and Beauty Heaven.

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Pink Hornet.

Beauty_genius

Chanel_bag

Rating: StarStarStar-disabledStar-disabledStar-disabled

Sitting on the fence with this one

Instant volume powder does work but I do not like how my hair feels afterwards.

When I apply in my hands to rub together, the instant sensation is cold and sticky feeling I then work it through my roots. I found at first my hair looked great but throughout the day it looked dirty and it felt sticky.

I think I would prefer to stick to sprays or mousses for hair volume.

This product is not for me

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Beauty_genius.

softness

Dolphindesk

Great For Oomph At The Roots

I love this for the oomph it gives my flat hair at the roots - I like the way it holds and stiffens it into place and gives me volume where my hair is so flatly stubborn.

I have also used the Schwarzkopf men's version of this product and I love it as well - I find them much the same really. It's a white fine powder that comes out of a lid with lots of little holes - so it's easy to sprinkle it out like you would with the old fashioned talcum powder products - but the container of this is a lot smaller. Only a tiny bit is needed at the roots to give me the style I want. More can be added to give hair an even stronger fixed hold. I like it because it's not a spray and doesn't go everywhere, it just sprinkles right on the spot required.

It is just as it says on the container - "light and lasting" - it lasts right through until I shampoo it out. I will always keep this stuff at hand because I don't know what I did without it!

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by softness.

Mum2james

Rating: StarStar-disabledStar-disabledStar-disabledStar-disabled

Not worth the $$$

I was not a fan of this product. After straightening my hair I decided to give it a try and was surprised at how stiff and sticky it made my hair. I usually have soft hair and with this product I couldn't even run my hands through it without it getting tangled. On top of that it created fly-aways!

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Mum2james.

JadeMarie

1013149_571404512911313_2068063204_n

Gives Volume

This actually does work and gives hair HEAPS of volume! Only down side is I found it made my hair get knotted easily and felt sticky and weird...but other than that it's great.

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by JadeMarie.

Temporary Pr...

Photo__4_

Works a treat!

For those looking for a little boost, I highly recommend this! I'll be honest and admit that I didn't know how to use this until I had my hair done by someone else, and she did some amazing curls with a GHD. She then added to this by lifting up sections of my hair, then dusting some powder onto the roots.

The powder did not stay white, and there was a definite bounce to my hair. By adding the powder to little sections, this gave it a bit of an oomph!

Flat hair? Forget about it! The only down side is that your hair can become a bit of a clumpy mess with this in it, so make sure you wash it the day after using it!

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Temporary Princess.

Ssajwani

59650-avatar-life-barbie-loves-mac

Best in Beauty 2013

This product has done wonders for my hair. Its easy to apply and is totally non greasy. It gives amazing volume and texture to my hair without making it frizzy or leaving any residue.

Read the full review of Instant Volume Powder by Ssajwani.

Write your review

Only reviews that demonstrate your personal experience of this product will be published.

You need to log in or become a member to post a review.