Gel-for-tousled-waves_thumb

Reviews for Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Herbal Essences

Rate/Review a product Review this product

• Overall Rating: StarStarStarStarStar-disabled (48 reviews)

Cherie751

030__2_

Rating: StarStarStarStar-disabledStar-disabled

Meh

I am sitting on the fence for this one. I love the light weight hairspray from this line but this one is just so so. I love the smell of this line, finally a hair spray and gel that don't smell like straight up chemicals. I don't know what it is about this. I thought it was going to be a lighter consistency than a typical gel but it was not. It left my hair a little too crunchy for my liking and I now know that gel and my hair just aren't friends. It does give a nice hold don't get me wrong but I just don't think this is the right product for my hair.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Cherie751.

Tara598

Img_0512__2_

Great spritz.

I spitz this over my hair before going out to give me a light hold and a fresh smell.
Works great for beach bum hair.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Tara598.

Flicky26

Flowerpower_018

Awesome

I love this stuff, in fact, I love the entire Tousle Me Softly range. It smells lovely & when I spritz it on my hair after a shower it gives my hair a gently tousled look. I use this frequently & the bottle lasts for ages.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Flicky26.

Ashleigh91

Photo_on_2010-10-18_at_03

Rating: StarStarStarStarStar-disabled

Nice for defining frizzy hair

My hair tends to be a frizzy mess after I wash it so I spritz a bit of this into it and let it dry naturally and it really helps define my wavy hair while still allowing for natural movement. It smells really nice too which is a plus.

I also like to put it on my hands or on a brush to slick back those flyaways for a smooth look.

Be careful not to use too much though because it can become sticky and cause your hair to tangle.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Ashleigh91.

Loza595

299562_10150312949963464_701725121_n

Nice wavy definition

This product works well to compliment the other items in the Tousle Me Softly range. I use it when I want to make my natural waves more defined and I think it does what it says but still manages to keep my hair nice and flexible without being stiff.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Loza595.

angelgun

Beachy Waves!

This spray gel woks so well in my daughter's thick slightly wavy hair. The smell is amazing, it's fruity and lasts until washed out. Only spray a small mist though, if you use too much it feels sticky! The packaging on the bottles looks pretty.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by angelgun.

Inga409

Mwah

Rating: StarStarStarStar-disabledStar-disabled

Not for me

I really wanted to like this, I love herbal essences and this was their first styling product I tried. The first thing I noticed was the fantastic smell, which stays on your hair all day :) but it didn't give my hair any 'tousled' effect. I suppose it would work better on thicker hair, my hair is super thin and this just weighed it down a lot and actually made it quite hard and sticky. So disappointing :( I didn't want to waste it though, so now I just spray some on my comb an brush it through my hair so at least it smells nice.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Inga409.

Cass688

Tear

pretty good

It's pretty good. I have waves in my hair but by the time my hair is dry it starts to go a little straight but i love my damp waves so i tried this over the mousse as i thought the mousse would be a bit too sticky. the product is a bit sticky like you get knots after a few hours of wear and like others say it doesnt hold very well but well enough for you to actually see the waves in my hair. i dont really care for the smell like i dont love or hate it. i would reccommend that you dont scrunch as it looks more natural. not too sure if i will buy this again propabably if i cant find any others...are there any similar spray gels? i might try some of them

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Cass688.

Thirdkidinlove

Sho_kyaaht_

Very nice!

I agree with other people that the hold isn't very good but you can just use a hair spray and that holds it fine. I love the smell and the packaging is really nice! It's good to use if you just spray it in damp hair and scrunch to get nice beachy waves. :)

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Thirdkidinlove.

Ssaahhrraa9

Perf

Rating: StarStarStarStarStar

The best mousse i have ever used!

My hair type is long, very curly (ringlets), frizzy and somewhat dry from my straightening days. I used to be an avid hair straightener girl and I would straighten my hair almost every day for about a year, this of course left my hair very dry and frizzy (I don't know what i was thinking!) anyway now I always leave my hair natural so I've been looking around for a product that helps fight the frizz and define my natural curls and this product is it! I've tried multiple mousses, hairsprays, gels and anti frizz serums all with the hope that they would give me that non-greasy hard result, and though some have been good and come close this is by far my favorite.
The product itself is very light weight compared to other mouses, and it rubs in very nicely to my hair (but you only need a small amount- a little goes a long way) The smell is very pleasant and not too overwhelming just a light touch of violet, it is very nice! The finish is not to hard or oily it just right, however it doesn't really leave hair feeling that soft as the bottle suggests but you wouldn't really expect that from a mousse anyway. The price is very affordable, and the packaging is very fun! When i use this my curls are bouncy, look healthy, well kept and defined!
Tips for use: Take about 2 50c coins size amounts into your hands and rub it into the palms of your hands not until the products completely rubbed in but just a bit to spread it out, then flip your hair over and rub your hands over and through the bottom of your hair to the ends. Then flip your hair back over and run your hands through the front/sides and then use the left over residue on your hands to smooth down the top.!
Overall this is the best mousse i have ever tried and I will repurchase it for sure, and the way I use it is the best way for me as I have been using mousse for years and I find that this way is the best way to evenly distribute product.

Read the full review of Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel by Ssaahhrraa9.

Write your review

Only reviews that demonstrate your personal experience of this product will be published.

You need to log in or become a member to post a review.