12 yrs, 2 mths ago

400 bad request

Every time I open beautyheaven I make it to the home page but any page after that or even returning to the home page comes up with 400 bad request. I’m using a laptop on google chrome, I think version 17.0.963.56.

39 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thanks beautylover & Lawliet & cherie470

Yep & great advice – thankyou : ) xxoo

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

Softness you’re completely right I’m pretty sure they updated it to reduce/prevent hacking and credit card theft or something but its kind of backfired because now heaps of people are struggling to access sites where the HTTP codes or Syntax have errors D:

I was previously on Safari, they have also undergone some changes. I could only access the front page of the site before the 400 Bad Page Request appeared. So I downloaded Internet Explorer and same thing keep happening. Firefox is the way to go, they’re the only non-profit web browser organization so they generally don’t make any drastic changes to their software.
    If you’re using Firefox or still having problems, it is most likely due to errors with your network router.

Good luck to everyone whose having problems hopefully Firefox works for you all 🙂

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

My hubby kind of explained something to me about the company Internet Explorer a few weeks ago tried to update their stuff (or something like that!) and what actually happened is it mucked up several websites for those who had members/registered log in people who used those particular sites.
    I’m not too good at explaining it but I kind of know what he meant! Hope it makes some sense.

I understand you 🙂 How annoying, at least it only happens on my work computer….So until IE fixes the problem this means I actually HAVE to work instead of sitting on BH all day 😛

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

I’ve had this problem across multiple browsers ie internet explorer, firefox, dolphin, opera, etc…..

Deleting cookies and cache is the only way that i’ve been able to fix the issue. As soon as you do this you can then go back and successfully do whatever it is you were doing.

I’m running chrome on my laptop and BH is working fine.

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

My hubby kind of explained something to me about the company Internet Explorer a few weeks ago tried to update their stuff (or something like that!) and what actually happened is it mucked up several websites for those who had members/registered log in people who used those particular sites.

I’m not too good at explaining it but I kind of know what he meant! Hope it makes some sense.

Oh really? Thanks for that 🙂

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

• 11 yrs, 9 mths ago

I’ve had it for the past few weeks now. I’ve cleared out my cookies, history all that blah de blah but the 400 Bad request page still shows up.

I’m using Internet Explorer.

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

Thankyou! : )

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

Hi there,
    I am looking into this issue. I suggest using Firefox in the meantime but that’s hopefully just an interim solution until we can fix the problem.
    Thanks

Hi Leanne and beauties,
    I had been having this problem recently. I am not a techie person at all, but sometime’s I need to no how to fix my own problems so I googled and studied. I use IE8.
    Apparently it is a miscommunication between our web addresses because they do not respect each other, happens on our favourite websites. To fix all I had to do was go into Tools, drop down box comes up, click on Delete Browsing History and cookies that have been saved that can interfere with our web addresses get deleted.
    I did this and my browser is working again, if not better. The info I read said it does not matter what browser you use, it can happen to any. Just delete browsing history and it should fix the problem.
    ###Sandra

This is for any beauties having 400 bad request problems, I hope this helps you to understand the problem a bit better BH softness.
    SandraXxX

• 11 yrs, 11 mths ago

Duh! Cleared my cookies and all ok now 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.