8 yrs, 7 mths ago

My spring clean challenge 2015 – I’m going to finish what I started

I’ve started my spring clean for 2015 which has included going through my cupboards to get rid of any excess bits and bobs. What I have found is a bunch of products (essentials and beauty) I have started but not finished for one reason or another.

So I am setting myself a challenge for the rest of this month:

I am going to finish what I started!

I have attached a picture of the products. Some are products that are not listed with BH. Some are products I received in gift bags (that my husband won’t use but I will). Some I stopped using because they annoyed me but I never threw out. But waste not, want not, so whatever the reason, it’s time to clean house!

I have:

• Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 gentle makeup remover (this is the type you have to shake to use; annoying)
  • Colgate Plax Spearmint mouthwash (I stopped using this because I wanted to try a new one that just came out in the market – sucker)
  • Rexona Stress Control spray deodorant (this really will be a challenge for me because I hate the spray)
  • Natio for Men Easy Glide Shave Foam (came in a DJ bag)
  • Natio for Men Razor Relief Healing Lotion (came in a DJ bag)
  • Morroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong Flexible Hold (I stopped using this because the cap broke during travel)
  • Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (I stopped using this as I couldn’t find it).

I have heaps more but this is a good all-rounder start!

Who else has a spring-clean challenge?!

TUD x

27 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

TheUglyDuckling, I’m on my second bottle of Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Makeup Remover. I quite like it but too much liquid pours out of the bottle each time. I really wish they’d fix the packaging.

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Well, my spring cleaning project has just entered a new phase of duck identity crisis, where I have:

• Entered into the world of Gumtree
    • Determined my problem is way beyond what I originally anticipated (i.e. OMG I have issues), and
    • A husband who thinks his ‘help’ is really helping.

I don’t mind the Gumtree part, as it is a part of the process I have undertaken for myself. My one day foray has already sold one item that was taking up a serious amount of space, and I am happy for it.

My problem: I have continued to condense my ‘stuff’ into what misfortune8 endearingly calls “the room that time forgot” and I have got at least three massive drawers (I’m talking what is the equivalent of a huge suitcase) of beauty products that I have not ever used before. That’s not even touching on my makeup, of which I have my regular makeup, my events makeup, my special makeup, my backups, and then my “I don’t know what to do with this but I like it”. And then I have the drawer of stuff that I buy bulk of when I am overseas. I’m still slightly in denial as we enter into issue number three…

My husband tried to ‘help’ however he made the mistake of telling me I should cull my book collection. GASP… hand to chest… problems breathing… spots in front of eyes

“Why do you have an e-reader if you have all these books? What’s the point?”

starts to hyperventilate

Novels, okay, I can kind of understand, but my books, my texts, my reference material?!

faints

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Well, I’ve been making progress. A whole two more products have been consigned to the beauty bin (I think it’s either past it’s life span or just not for me). The biggest progress however has been in the closet. I’ve thrown out shoes, to the point where I will be either selling or donating my shoe rack that used to house all my flats! Sigh. They are no longer in the third bedroom of despair (or m8’s “room that time forgot”).

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

I’m in two minds about this. In one sense I think how ridiculous! Yet, most of us have seen safety inspection fails on tv: cockroach & rodent infestations &c. To be honest, I wonder about food at markets & cake stalls at school fetes. Some people live in pig sties.

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

My Mum & I did pretty well at our first set of markets in around a year yesterday. We hit our $ target + sold a few things that we hadn’t been able to sell before. I even did some baking on Friday to take to the markets, but only sold about half of what I made (brownie bars, cookies & banana bread – I blame it on the heat, my poor goods were sweating inside the cellophane & we were out in the sun). We were going to do some other markets today, but a forecast of 35C out my way + our collective tiredness from the previous day put that idea to an end.

I’d forgotten how quickly people like to pounce on you when you’re just setting up + how people like to scam you out of stuff – I had to chase a fellow stallholder up over a couple of costume rings she hadn’t paid for, thinking that those were included in the price of other stuff she’d bought from us. (Nuh uh honey, not so fast.) Part & parcel of the game really. So glad we have our own tables now though, it makes a world of difference in terms of setting up. Still, I could do without people rushing over to us before we’ve got everything out!

Oh & in other news, I did the mani I was talking about above today. Strangely enough, the white base didn’t make me feel like I had Liquid Paper on my nails….although jazzing it up with glitter makes it look better & hides the brushstrokes haha. I’ll post a photo in the nails thread tomorrow, all the ones I took this arvo were blurry or terrible.

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Okay. So I’m attempting to re-arrange my third bedroom. I’ve been at it for a few hours now. The third bedroom is the room where things just get thrown in there; shoes, clothes, one of the computers, books, files, you name it, there’s a version of it in that room. I’ve been making inroads all through September and I thought I would renew my Spring cleaning enthusiasm today.

I am super frustrated. I thought I was doing so well, shredding, sorting, cleaning, throwing things out, and now I’ve gotten to the part where I don’t know where to put things. The room looks like a bomb has hit it!

So I’m taking a break, fingers crossed I’ll come up with some ideas on how to clear some additional things. Too many things to do!

TUD x

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

You know, I’m a dork. I have a monthly empties post! Face palm!

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

So, I’ve finished two products, nearly finished one, and am thinking about throwing another:

• Natio Wellness Shower Gel (see ya)
    • Natio Wellness Body Lotion (see ya)
    • Natio Wellness Body Butter (nearly gone, baby, but it’s tough because it lasts forever)
    • Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser & Balm (tempted to turn this stuff into a Frisbee)

Flipside… I was naughty and went shopping end of September. I had to get me some Sally Hansen gel nail products before that half price sale ended, plus a couple of other bits and pieces. Such a sucker.

TUD x

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ok so I’m failing at the spring part of my Project Polish so far but I am determined October will be the month of manis. Really want to finish off my bottle of Essie’s Blanc because (a) I have another white in my stash now (Sea Siren’s Leucosia) & (b) I’m not fussed on the formula. That has to go, come hell or high water. If I don’t finish it this season, I’m putting it into my summer Project Polish.

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Beauty heaven and the internet isn’t helping me with going through products. I must finish I must finish. My goal is all my serums and body lotions!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.