10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Boxing day sale 2013

Hi everyone, being a new migrant , I do not know much about boxing day sales in Australia. In Europe, there are such a great deals after Christmas. Can any one recommend me where I should go on boxing day to find good deals? Will there be good sales on brands like Benefit, Elizabeth Arden, Clinique, the balm etc. I am interested in high end makeup, skin care and shoes. Your replies will be very helpful for me.
Thanks

20 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 10 yrs, 3 mths ago

For higher end beauty brands, there tends not to be much on offer with regards to boxing day sales- the only thing I can think of is when Lancome and Elizabeth Arden place discounts on some of the products that won’t shift (eyeshadow colours that are difficult to wear, unpopular lipsticks etc). Online beauty websites however do put these brands on discount so keep your eye out!

• 10 yrs, 3 mths ago

I went for shopping early at boxing day, expecting big crowds there, but I was wrong, only few shoppers were there and very few staff members. I bought some make up from Myer and skin care from Priceline, have not find good bargain on shoes because of having 5 shoe size. I really enjoyed boxing day shopping at Canberra city centre 🙂

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Hi ladies, I just got back from the boxing day sales and found an absolute bargain!! I’m in a regional town, so regional our Myer doesn’t have benefit or Mac or Dior or many of the high end brands. But that’s OK because I’m a cheapskate anyway.

Has anyone seen the Revlon gift packs that came out in December? Two just bitten lipstains for $19 ($40 retail), or the $50 packs with bb cream, sculpting palette, primer and concealer ($110 retail)? Well Myer has them 50% off! And all the other similar packs too 🙂

So I just picked up $150 of Revlon for $33! I think I’ll go back tomorrow for a few more….

I’m so glad you were able to pick up Revlon packs at such a great price PrettyPirate. Sounds fantastic!!

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Great pickup PrettyPirate!

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Hi ladies, I just got back from the boxing day sales and found an absolute bargain!! I’m in a regional town, so regional our Myer doesn’t have benefit or Mac or Dior or many of the high end brands. But that’s OK because I’m a cheapskate anyway.

Has anyone seen the Revlon gift packs that came out in December? Two just bitten lipstains for $19 ($40 retail), or the $50 packs with bb cream, sculpting palette, primer and concealer ($110 retail)? Well Myer has them 50% off! And all the other similar packs too 🙂

So I just picked up $150 of Revlon for $33! I think I’ll go back tomorrow for a few more….

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

I’m not sure whether the Boxing day sales in Europe are as crazy as they are in Australia. It is definitely not something for the fainthearted Brown Beauty, so you may want to google some pictures of past years’ boxing day crowds to prepare yourself.

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Myer and David Jones are your best bet. You should be able to sign up as a VIP with some of the brands at their individual counters at any time of the year, and they will invite you to their special events. A lot of the brands have their own exclusive sales and offers that are available throughout the year.

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Im working Boxing Day boooo, might sneak out on my break and hunt out some beauty bargains

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

I l♥ve going to the Boxing Day sales. I’m one of those people who actually gets up at 5 and gets to the shops!!!!
    Its so much fun, but no one comes with me. None of my friends can be bothered to get up that early, but I enjoy it and go by myself.

I usually get some bargain, but the sales that come afterwards are just as good.

Most of the shops have 1 day sales and that’s where you can score a good deal or two.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.