8 yrs, 1 mth ago

Let’s talk about sex!

Hi beauties!

Not long ago I asked you guys to ask your awkward or embarrassing health related questions here http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/forums/health-wellbeing/ask-your-awkward-or-embarrassing-health-related-questions-here?page=99999

Now I’m wondering if you have any sex or relationship-related questions that you might be hesitant to broach with your partner or are embarrassed to talk about with your friends.

If you could ask a doctor, sex therapist or relationship expert your questions, what would they be?

x

20 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Was it just me or did everyone who read this sing in their head ” let’s talk about sex baby, lets talk about you and me, let’s talk about all the good things and the bad things”…..

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

Bump!

I’m bumping this disused thread to upload a pic of Durex Play O Orgasm Enhancing Gel which I’m about to review. (It’s good stuff!)

;-D

• 7 yrs, 10 mths ago

I think there should be more questions for as younger females for under and over twenties, who have no one to talk to or have just started having sex later in their life.

I just found this forum today and I have read all this and I got some good information. And I just have questions, is there a place where some one like me can go and ask? Maybe a safe and continental online chat or something like that.

I might come back after I figure out my questions are.

Thanks

• 7 yrs, 10 mths ago

Regarding Anna’s article with the gynaecologist, it contained useful information but did not cover all risk factors associated with cervical cancer. It is true that the purpose of a pap smear is to collect cells from the cervix which is at the lower end of the uterus to detect if one has cervical cancer or suspicious cells exist that may indicate the development of cervical cancer. Most cervical cancer cases are caused by sexually transmitted disease, HOWEVER, there are other risk factors for cervical cancer which include family history and smoking. For these reasons, pap smears may be necessary even if one is not sexually active.

• 7 yrs, 10 mths ago

Re: pap smear and virgins, the answer is no. I was not and never been sexually active until early thirties and I was told by multiple doctors including gynecologists that I did NOT need a pap smear until after being sexually active. So Anna’s article is right!

• 7 yrs, 11 mths ago

Hey everyone!

Since there were so many questions about pap smears in this forum, I thought I’d get some answers for you!

I spoke to a gynaecologist and you can read (or watch) what I found out here http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/body-health/womens-health/pap-smear-information

I hope it’s useful and insightful for you all 🙂 x

• 8 yrs ago

I’m not embarrassed posting here as I’m totally in touch with my sexuality ha ha but I’d love to know more about vibrators for females. Really it’s the 21st century…
    How do you look after a vibrator, clean it, do you need to use a condom with it, how do you care for it. And what are the best ones!!

• 8 yrs, 1 mth ago

Whoa! I hit talk of childbirth & I’m having to flee this thread!

[fingers in ears]
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe…

• 8 yrs, 1 mth ago

Perhaps it would be timely for bh to do an article on facts and fiction with Pap smears after reading comments on here !

The Pap smear has been around since 1928 and invented by George Papanicolaou.

The HPV was discovered in 1956

The test is used to look for changes in the cells of the cervix or vagina that show cancer or conditions that may develop into cancer.

Pap smears test for abnormal or pre-cancerous cells.

• 8 yrs, 1 mth ago

Interesting thoughts on pap smears and sexual activity.

I would like to be in control of my health and body, not just with sexual health.

I think there are many diseases and health problem that can occur with our reproductive organs that have nothing to do with sex. So I would like to be responsible and look after myself.

I have been thinking about going to a gyno just to get information and get myself checked out for non-sex related issues – a lot goes on down there!

The thing is I’m terrified of the pain of a pap smear.

IT IS GOING TO HURT LIKE A BITCH!!! Surely it is not reasonable to get a pap smear when you’re a tight seal :- I have seen what a speculum looks like and how it opens up…..ok, guys! I’m scared!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.