How-to: Nelly Furtado's candy-coloured makeup
I bet you never thought blue shadow could look this cool eh? Yeah, me neither. But I’m so glad I finally found a celebrity to be my blue shadow guinea pig – and that it turned out even better than expected. We can thank Nelly Furtado and her recent 2012 Billboard Awards red carpet look for showing us how it’s done.
Though Nelly’s earrings are a little too “like a bird” for my liking, her candy-coloured makeup certainly has my attention. The aqua shadow, the sheer pink lips and the peachy cheeks have sent me into quite a sweet-toothed spin, so I thought it only fair that I share my tips on how to get the look with you.
- - Begin with an illuminating foundation. We like Rimmel London Recover Illuminating Anti-Fatigue Foundation for its vitamin-infused EnergyBoost complex that works to keep your skin looking radiant. Note: If you don’t have an illuminating foundation, just add a little liquid illuminator to your regular foundation and apply. (Try: St Tropez Skin Illuminator Gold)
- - Next, use a light blue cream shadow to line your top lash line and then smudge it out using your finger until you can see a hint of the shadow above your eyelid when you look straight ahead. We love Face of Australia Limited Edition Mini Mousse Cream Eye Shadow in Magic Mist for its creamy, shimmery formula.
- - Coat your lashes with a blackest black, lengthening mascara for a full-frontal flutter that’s sure to stop traffic. We love Rimmel London Scandaleyes mascara for its large brush that works to coat each and every lash.
- - For your cheeks, opt for a shimmery peachy shade that you can apply to the apples of your cheeks and build up until you have the right amount of radiance. We love Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Nectar Compact as it provides just the peachy glow you need for this look.
- - To finish off the look, choose a pink lipstick that reminds you of fairy floss. We think Innoxa Couleurs D’ete Summer Matte Collection Lipstick in Baby Doll fits the bill quite nicely.