Dental dos and don'ts
We know you beauties are incredibly vigilant when it comes to your skin care regimes, treating your hair properly, and making sure your make-up is done to perfection.
But how diligent are you when it comes to looking after your teeth and gums? Are you absolutely sure you’re doing everything right to keep your teeth as white as possible and in tip-top condition?
Take a look at our dental dos and don’ts and see how well you’re looking after your teeth and gums…
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day, especially before going to bed!
- Buy a new toothbrush every three months.
- Use a gentle toothpaste. Some abrasive toothpastes can remove your tooth enamel.
- Massage your gums once a day with your finger to increase blood flow and protect your gums against infections.
- Go for a dental check-up every six months.
- Brush your teeth too aggressively. Gentle brushing at a 45-degree angle will do the trick.
- Suck on lemons. The acid from a lemon can eat through your tooth enamel.
- Use your teeth to open a bottle or wrapper.
- Use somebody else’s toothbrush – toothbrushes are full of bacteria, so you’re opening yourself up to the possibility of gum disease.
- Chew on ice cubes. Chewing on ice can cause teeth to crack.
And just to make sure you’re giving your teeth and gums the care they deserve, get your hands on the dental essentials:
Reach® Total Care Toothbrush – for all your brushing needs!
Colgate Max Fresh Night Toothpaste – say bye-bye to morning breath with this compound-neutralising toothpaste.
Sensodyne Gentle Tape – get rid of any food caught in-between your teeth.
Listerine® Zero – this alcohol-free formula kills germs, fights plaque, and prevents cavities.
Are you looking after your teeth and gums properly?