A little goes a long way
If you’ve ever thought that luxe beauty products were out of your reach, it’s time to think again. Just because they may not fit into your day-to-day budget, doesn’t mean there isn’t a way to indulge every once in a while (without breaking the bank, of course).
Here are some super-easy things you can do to get those beauty buys out of the store and into your cupboard:
- Save all your coins. Put all your loose change (yes, that includes those gold coins too!) into a moneybox when you come home at the end of the day. You’ll be surprised at how quickly those little cents turn into big dollars, and by the end of the month you could be hitting up the luxe cosmetics counters with your extra cash!
- Look at what’s on special. When grocery shopping, have a look at what products are on special instead of just grabbing the products you’re used to buying. Remember, a dollar saved is a dollar earned! Try to keep a record of how much you’ve saved, and then use that money to treat yourself to something special.
- Wait for sales. Most retail stores have sales on a regular basis. If you hold out on purchasing an item for a few weeks, it may be half the price you originally saw it at. And if it’s sold out, well then, perhaps it wasn’t meant to be.
- Limit your coffee purchases. Instead of buying your cup of coffee everyday, limit yourself to twice a week. Not only will it be a treat when you do buy it, you’ll be saving yourself a lot of money, which can later be spent on indulgent beauty buys!
- Eat out less. Sure it seems like an easier option, but buying both lunch and dinner is much less cost-effective than making your own meals. Plus, this way you’ll get to work on your culinary skills and be able to afford that La Prairie Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Firming Serum you’ve had your eye on.
What little things do you do to save money?